What do you do here at Encon?
– I am the Construction Bookkeeper and have been here since 2007. I have always been in accounting – worked in financial accounting at a payroll company prior to joining the team.
Do you have a mentor in your career?
– I’d have to say Marty, I learned so much from just watching him – especially regarding tax questions.
What music do you listen to while working?
– I am all about music and love classic rock ‘n’ roll. The Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, Carol King, James Taylor is my favorites.
What’s the best thing about working at Encon?
– Right now is the time for new people to come in. It’s an exciting time – we are GROWING! Lots of freedom here, and a real open door policy – anyone can go into the founder’s office to talk and feel comfortable. That is a rare thing in any business.
Where can we find you outside the office?
– Making red wine with my husband – we love pinot noirs and cabernets. We also love the beach, fishing, cooking, and going to concerts.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
– Never look at things black and white – always look at things a little bit grey.